Easy animation rendering. PS. Characters by Slava Ushakov.
3. Colouring the layout’s lines. Keep in mind that the lines at the back contains more blue inside their colour and are lighter then the the lines of the foreground. Characters are left in black lines, only colour of the pigs snouts and teeth are soften with colour.
4. Give basic gradient. It’s a bright day.
5. Colour back with similar shades and gradients.
6. Colour the hill and the wayside at the right.
7. Colour characters, adding some rythmical details, as the rino’s skin.
8. Colour the foreground.
9. Add shadows at characters (linear burn mode of the layer, some greys with light tinting of blue and purple).
10. Add lights (overlay mode, white of different opacity, pink white, yellow white).
11. Add details of light and shadow to the stone, soil, characters, etc.
12. Drop shadows.
13. Give some masks at the background to emphasize the aerial perspective. Just a layer with colour gradient from blue or so to opacity. No mode change, only playing with fill or opacity percent.
The colours of the scene are changed from the real one.
Property of “Tema” studio.
Sorry for my english. I’m lazy to check every word in the dictionary.